AMA is composed of Active Members, Founding Members, Honorary Chairman and International Chairman.
AMA is chaired by the Academy President or, if absent, by the Vice-President. If Vice-President is also absent the Assembly is chaired by the oldest Board of Directors Member or by the Honorary President, or if absent by one Active Member designated by the attending AMA Members.
The Board of Directors Secretary is in charge of writing the Minutes of the Meeting. If Secretary is absent, the AMA President will nominate for such role an Active Member who will temporarily be in charge of all Secretary functions.
AMA meets mandatory at least once per year, during the Closed Meeting, upon call of the President to approve the Year End Financial Statement.
The AMA call must indicate agenda, venue, date of first and second call (both calls can be set for the same day) and must be sent to Active Members at least ninety days in advance in writing letter, fax or email.
AMA can also be called anytime, with the same modalities, when the Board of Directors believes it necessary or when it is necessary according to Statute rules.
AMA can also be called with the same modalities when at least half of Active Members, all of which must have regularly paid the annual fee, request it. In such case the Active Members requiring the AMA call must send to the President a written request, indicating the proposed agenda and enclosing all their signatures.
Every four years AMA must be called for the elections of the Board of Directors.
AMA has the following functions:
• discusses and approves the annual report prepared by the President on the Academy activities made and on future programs;
• at the end of the four years Board of Directors term discusses and approves the report prepared by the President Elect on the Academy future programs;
• examins and approves the Year End Financial Statement and the following year financial budget, presented by the Treasurer, and previously approved by the Auditors Committee;
• discusses and approves any Statute modifications;
• discusses and approves any issue submitted from the Board of Directors, Auditors Committee, Scientific Commitee, Members Acceptance Committee or from at least half of Active Members;
• elects every four years among Active Members: the Directors of the Board and the President Elect, with the exceptions of the President, Honorary President and International Chairman;
• reconfirms the Secretary nomination whose name is indicated by the President of the Academy and chosen among Active and Founding Members;
• reconfirms the admission of new Active Members, approved by the Active Members Acceptance Commitee;
• reconfirms the admission of Honorary Members;
• eventually decides and approves the dissolution of the Academy.
It is the duty of the President:
• to verify the regularity of the AMA constitution;
• to direct the Assembly, defining the duration of each speech, giving faculty to speak to any Member requesting it, removing such faculty by inviting the speaking Member to conclude every time he deems it necessary, suspending the works every time he deems necessary and indicating the duration of each pause;
• to announce the results on each agenda point;
• to nominate the Election Committee in case of secret ballot voting. The Election Committee will be composed of one President, one Secretary and one or more Scrutineers.
AMA is valid at first call, with the intervention in person or by delegation of at least half of the Active Members with voting right, and at second call, whatever is the number of the Active Members present in person or by delegation. AMA decides by absolute majority of the intervening Active Members, except for decisions regarding Statute modifications or the Academy dissolution.
Decisions regarding Statute and Regulation Act modifications will require the following validity quorum: at first call at least three quarters (in person or by delegation) of the Active Members with voting rights, while at second call at least half (in person or by delegation) of the Active Members with voting rights; in such cases decisions shall be approved with a qualified majority of two thirds of the expressed votes.
Decisions regarding the dissolution of the BBB Academy shall require the following quorum: both for first and second call at least three quarters of the of the Active Members with voting
rights (in person or my delegation); in such case decision shall be approved by a qualified majority of three quarters of the expressed votes.
Both at first and second call, all decisions are taken by public voting with the modalities decided by the Assembly President, i.e. by name calling or hand rising, with the only exception of decisions regarding the elections of the Board of Directors for which secret ballot voting shall be adopted.
Participation to AMAs is valid via nominal delegation to another Active Member, and must be sent to the Secretary prior to the beginning of the AMA, or presented at the beginning of it.
In any case every Active Member with right to participate to AMA can bear no more than two nominal delegations. Every Active Member has right to one personal vote in addition to the two eventually delegated to him from other Active Members.
The Minutes of the Meeting shall be written by the Secretary, and will be signed by the Secretary and by the President of AMA. This document shall contain all the topics discussed and decisions made, specifying the number of votes in favor or against every decision discussed.
Every Member has the right to have his vote recorded in the Minutes of the Meeting, and his synthetic position/opinion regarding the specific agenda arguments discussed during the AMA.
Active Members shall participate to AMAs. If any Active Member is not present for three consecutive times at AMAs without a valid excuse, he/her will lose the Active Membership.